Timber Floor Coatings & Finishes Sydney
The Maintenance of timber floor finishes is often overlooked. The following maintenance guidelines should be observed with any timber floor.
- Clean the floor regularly to prevent the build up of dirt and grit on the surface. Clean more frequently in high traffic areas.
- Have mats both inside and outside external doors to trap grit and remove moisture from shoes.
- Remove spills immediately and spot-clean the affected area using a floor cleaner and a soft cloth.
- Consider having rugs in high traffic areas. These can add to the look of the room also reduce localized wear on the floor. Rugs should allow the floor to ‘breath’.
- Install Timber floor guards on the base of furniture legs.
- Avoid indentations in the floor. Common causes include stiletto heels and pet claws. Shoe heels should be kept in good repair and pet claws trimmed regularly.
- Be aware that allowing the floor finish to wear too far may mean the floor has to be sanded back to bare timber and re-finished. It is best to renew the surface by over-coating before this point is reached to avoid unnecessary cost and inconvenience.
- In commercial situation, the use of a buffing machine with a tan pad should be considered in the maintenance program.
Benefits of Timber Floors
Adds Value and style to your home
Timber floors are a great way to add value and style to your home. As well offering a lot of styles, species and colours a timber floor will always look good both in contemporary and traditional interior design.
Timber is natural and when kept clean it avoids stain/retaining odours/harbouring dust mites or allergens, which promote asthma and other respiratory problems (unlike carpet)
Timber floors are eco-friendly, when renewable or recycled timber is used. Finishing your floors with non-toxic coatings offers even more benefits to you and your family.